How NOT to get a SIX PACK
I came across this article, written with a little humour by Charles Poliqin (hailed as one of the world’s premier strength coaches, Coach Poliquin has successfully trained professional athletes and Olympians worldwide,) and I thought it relevant to share with my clients friends etc.
Look beyond the humour and understand that this is what so many people are doing every day, for a great deal of their lives, ending up with comments like; ‘Exercise doesn’t work for me!’ ‘I just get bigger when I train!’ ‘I have a naturally high fat level!’ ‘I eat healthily but can never get the weight off!’ ‘I hardly eat anything but get fat thinking about food, even though I exercise!’
Top 10 reasons how women get fatter despite good intent
Written by: Charles Poliquin
- They do spinning classes. That and disco fly swatting (aerobics) will get you nowhere fast in your pursuit of lean physique.
- They have Kashi for breakfast with skim milk for breakfast. Eat the cardboard box, it is higher in nutrients.
- They go for coffee after training. Coffee is great pre-training, horrendous post training. You want high cortisol when you train, not after.
- They follow a low fat diet, fearing that fat makes you fat. In the process, they avoid nutrient dense foods like avocadoes that would help much faster.
- They consume soy products that shrink their brains not their hips because of the toxic levels of manganese.
- They eat bagels because they are low fat. Gasoline is also low in fat. Would you drink that?
- They don’t make time for themselves. Here is the best fat loss tip for women: take a week off just for you, no boyfriend/partner/husband and no kids.
- They consume grains. Part of a healthy and balanced fat butt.
- They use beauty products loaded with harmful chemicals such as parabenes.
- They don’t follow the axiom: You are your schedule.
P.S. Men are dumb, but not that dumb. For example, I can’t believe that women think we fall for the following camouflage combo:
Diversion 1: sweatshirt tied with sleeves around butt to hide the fact that you should actually hang an orange triangle on it.
Diversion 2: 150-350 dollars hair cut.
The 150-350 dollars haircut does not attract our attention from the wide load. We actually don’t even notice when you get your hair done. If a male notices your hair cut, he is gay, or he has not admitted it to himself. Proof? When he gets up from your couch, he rearranges the pillows.
By Charles Poliquin
Phil Cordell from Fit for You comment
Many of my 1 to 1 clients over the years have taken on our exercise routines and made gains from them, increasing functionality, changing shape, feeling more energised, getting the six pack, running the marathon, improving strength, looks, reducing body-fat, and improving overall health.All of the clients that have achieved these gains have taken on board, and applied the exercise and nutritional advice similar to the above.
Disappointingly, some of our clients have only taken on part of this advice, and ended up with either reduced benefits, or none at all, and may have said that what we do is doesn’t work. We see clients for a max of 3 hrs per week, they are in control of the other 165hrs.
We advise that they should address aspects of their lives, that will aid their improvements, but we can’t be there to hold their hands.
The nutrition, lifestyle and exercise, all work hand in hand, if any area is neglected or unbalanced to their specific needs, the result will be compromised.You pay me the price to get you healthier and looking and performing better, please make the most of it!